About this recipe
“Setas con jamon” is a very simple yet delicious dish commonly served as tapas in Spain. It can be translated as “mushrooms with ham”.
This dish has a nice garlicky taste where the juices of the oyster mushrooms meet the fat of the Serrano ham blending together into a perfect marriage. Parma ham or Pancetta can work as a substitute when Serrano ham is not locally available.
The traditional recipe normally adds eggs on the equation, but I just prefer this way.
- Olive oil
- 500g oyster mushrooms
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 100g Serrano ham (or Parma ham)
- Chopped parsley
- Salt & pepper
- Cut the mushrooms into large pieces
- Chop the garlic finely and fry gently in olive oil until soft
- Dice the ham and add to the frypan for a minute
- Then add the mushrooms and stir altogether to coat them in all the juices
- Cook for 5 minutes on medium heat, making sure all water has evaporated
- Chop some parsley finely and garnish
- Season with salt & pepper to taste